Do you need a Birth Certificate or Death Record?
Requesting certificates has become easier than ever! There are several different options available to you.
- Phone in a request at 1-877-817-7362, option 3. To use this feature you must possess a valid major credit card. There will be a credit card charge fee in addition to the cost of the certificates requested. Average turn around for a phone in order is four to five days plus mail time.
- Another option is to visit one of the seven county Health Centers within the Green River District or visit Kentucky’s Vital Stats Website to obtain an application form.
- You may also download a printable version of the application by clicking here. If you mail in an application you will have to wait approximately 30 business days to receive your documents.
- Walk-ins are also possible at the address below, just walk in and request whatever you need and you can be out in one hour.For walk-in or mail-in, please send or bring a check or money order for $10.00 to:
275 East Main Street
Frankfort, KY 40621
- Another easy way to request certificates is to visit the VitalCheck website. This site provides links to VItal Records Agencies in all 50 states. Charges and response times vary on this website. All information is there for you to peruse at your convenience.
Kentucky.org also has a site filled with information pertaining to Vital Statistics. Click here for birth, death and marriage certificate information and applications.
Changes to Kentucky birth certificates must be processed at the Vital Statistics office in Frankfort, KY.
Call 1-502-564-4212 to receive assistance with this service.