(Kentucky’s Early Intervention Services)
The First Steps Program provides services to children ages birth to 3 years old with developmental delays or an established risk diagnosis who are in need of early intervention within the Green River District Area.
- Developmental Delay: An evaluation will be completed to determine if the child is developing age appropriate skills in the areas of cognitive, fine and gross motor, adaptive, social-emotional, and communication skills. If the child is determined to be delayed in any of these areas of development, the child may qualify for First Steps intervention.
- Established Risk Diagnosis: If a child has an established risk diagnosis which has a high probability of resulting in a developmental delay, such as Down’s Syndrome, hearing loss, etc., the child automatically will qualify for First Steps services.
First Steps Services include:
- Screening, Evaluation and Assessment
- Service Coordination
- Physical Therapy
- Speech & Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Developmental Intervention Therapy
- Assistive Technology
- Transition Services
First Steps services are available to any child and family who meet the eligibility criteria, regardless of income.
Anyone may make a referral for a child who is under the age of 3 years old.
To make a referral, contact the First Steps Point of Entry Office at 270-852-2905 or 270-686-7747; for outside of Daviess County call toll free at 888-686-1414