Quit Now Kentucky is a free tobacco cessation service to help Kentuckians quit smoking or using other tobacco products such as e-cigarettes.
You can enroll into the program either online or by calling 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669). Quit Now Kentucky offers several free services including:
- Support and advice from an experienced quit coach by phone (Quit coaches are available 7 days a week from 6:00am-12:00am Central Time)
- A quit plan that is personalized for each caller, giving them the best chance of quitting
- The latest information about medications and self-help materials that can help you quit
- Resources online and via text message
- Pregnancy/postpartum program
- FREE nicotine replacement therapy (NRT): Residents in Daviess, Hancock, Henderson, McLean, Ohio, Union, and Webster Counties are eligible for 8 weeks of FREE patches, gum, or lozenges
For more information, visit www.quitnowkentucky.org
Freedom From Smoking®
The American Lung Association’s Freedom From Smoking® program is for tobacco users who are ready to quit. Because most people already know that smoking is bad for their health, the program focuses almost exclusively on how to quit, not why to quit.
Freedom From Smoking® classes provide group treatment for tobacco dependence and consist of 8 sessions over the course of 7 weeks. The group prepares for a shared “quit day” (session 4) by learning about medications that can help them stop, lifestyle changes that make quitting easier, and how to stay smoke-free for good. As the weeks continue you will receive structured support and advice from fellow group members and staff.
Green River District Health Department has partnered with Owensboro Health and Deaconess Hospital to facilitate these classes. For more information about this program contact:
Owensboro Health Healthpark
1006 Ford Ave.
Owensboro, KY 42301
Deaconess Henderson Hospital
1305 N Elm St,
Henderson, KY 42420
Deaconess Union County Hospital
4604 Us Highway 60 W
Morganfield, KY 42437
My Life, My Quit
This program is 100% free, confidential, and made for teens. Get the truth about vaping, smoking, and other tobacco products so you’re not left in the dark when it comes to your future. Through this program, you can:
- Text your quit coach or call for support.
- Get text messages that give you a boost while you quit.
- Learn how to cope with stress in healthy ways.
- Find out why your body craves nicotine.
- Get tips and the support you need to quit for good.
For more information, visit www.mylifemyquit.com or text “Start My Quit” to 36072.